Thursday, November 6, 2008

Craftiness

I'm in the middle of a ton of craft projects right now, which is really cutting into my gardening and cooking time.

My mosaic is going fantastically, I'm going to post some pictures soon. I'm also working on a bunch of stuff for Christmas presents which I can't reveal here. Just in case. But there are so many projects that I don't know when I'm going to have time to buy all the supplies and then finish all of them.

Things are going swimmingly otherwise. The garden is really great right now, but too wet to do any work. I did transition pretty well to a fall/winter garden, but I didn't get all the seeds planted that I would have liked. I'm hoping to try still, if it dries out at all. I have tons of chard, lettuce, fennel, carrots, turnips, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages, and radishes (but they're not all producing yet). I still need to plant garlic, shallots, onions, and beets. In late winter/early spring, I'll plant peas and potatoes. We are also still getting peppers and eggplant, but that's almost done, probably.

The rain we've had recently has been great! Except for biking to the train and back. Murphy's law always provided a heavy downpour moments after I'd leave.

I'm easing up on my heavy overtime at work. While the future vacation is definitely worthwhile, my current stress levels have been too high. Between the garden, the craft projects, groceries, laundry, cleaning, and trying to squeeze in a bit of exercise time, I've been exhausted, getting up early and often staying up late. Now that the holidays are approaching, I'm trying to find a little bit of me time.

That's it for today! Thank goodness it's almost the weekend!

No comments: