Thursday, August 21, 2008

multi-tasking

Right now I'm blending some roasted butternut squash and garlic soup, making vanilla ice cream, about to make some butter, and after that I'll peel some roasted beets. And this is an easy night. I think my life has gotten a little bit too complicated.

There still laundry hanging on the line from two days ago that i haven't had time to take down.

In fact, while I type, I'm also trying to whisk the egg yolks for the ice cream.

And I only have time to do all this because I skipped going to the garden today.

Speaking of the garden, I'm hoping to chat about what's going on, and about more of my plans for next year while I'm at it. Next post, I hope. But just to give an idea, I have to preserve some green beans, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes pretty soon. And I have eggplant to prepare too.

No comments: